22 September 2005

Details -- no travelogue this time


Hi folks,

I still owe you an update from my trip to Cape Town at the end of August! Maybe I'll get to that this weekend. In the meantime, I want to send you my contact information, now that I have it! Just went to Telkom and the post office this morning.

(I had the pleasure of seeing some of you while I was in Birmingham and Murfreesboro, so forgive me if any of this is repetition.)

While I was here in July/August, I rented a fully furnished townhouse that is just a few kilometres from the EBSCO office. Sheets, towels, kitchen supplies -- really, I brought almost nothing from home except for sharp knives. It's furnished very nicely, too. The woman who owns it bought it when she and her husband separated a couple of years ago. She bought the townhouse, furnished it, and lived there for 3 months before they reconciled. So, it's not full of junk for renters. It's also in a very secure complex, with an 8 or 10 foot wall around, electric fence on top of that, and 24 hour security guard at the gate. Please don't worry about me.

Addresses below. Today I rented a post office box. That should be used for most mail to me. If you send something by an agent that requires a land address, use the office address.

The cats (Maggie and Tessie) were not able to fly with me (paperwork delays), but they will arrive tomorrow morning! No quarantine, either. I'm excited, but I'm afraid they will be upset with me for a few days. Fortunately, cats don't have good long-term memory, so they'll get over it. :)

I arrived to spring here. We still need rain -- the grass is brown and it's dusty -- but the trees are greening up nicely, including the gorgeous purple jacaranda trees. I'm sure I'll be sending a photo of those eventually. I love them.

Hope you are all well. More later!

Katy G.


Katy Ginanni
PO Box 4845
Cresta 2118
South Africa

EBSCO Information Services
1st Floor, EBSCO House
299 Pendoring Road
Blackheath 2195
South Africa

Phone numbers:
+27 (11) 794-7301 - home
+27 (11) 678-4416 - office

No comments: